PROM DJ CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
WNSB-HOT 91 PROM DJ contest (“Contest”) will begin on March 11, 2023, and end on April 2, 2023 (“Contest Period”). This Contest will be conducted online. One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded: A HOT91 DJ for a maximum of 4 hours to DJ at the winning high school’s 2023 prom. Said DJ will bring all necessary sound and equipment at no charge to the winning school. The winning school must have permission/clearance in writing from the school’s principal prior to WNSB attending. If permission is not granted, the prize will be forfeited by the school.
Prize Value: $500 (“Prize”).
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of WNSB-FM (“Station”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Hampton Roads area and are 16 years of age or older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, participants must do the following:
- Listeners must vote for their high school online through the Station’s website contest page at http://www.wnsbonline.org
- Upon entering the website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions, including entering their email address and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance to win.
- Online voting will take place beginning March 11, 2023, and will end at 11:59pm EST on Sunday, April 2, 2023. (“Voting Period”).
- One (1) vote per email address during the Voting Period. Any attempt by entrant and/or his/her family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized by using multiple names or email address and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, shall give the Station the right to disqualify the entrant in its reasonable discretion.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
- The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States residing within the Hampton Roads, Virginia area who are 16 years of age or older at the time of Contest registration.
- Employees of the WNSB-FM and Norfolk State University (the “Company”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
- Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from WNSB-FM within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from any one of the above-listed radio stations during any thirty (30) day period.
- Contestants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
The following prize will be awarded:
A HOT91 DJ for a maximum of 4 hours to DJ at the winning high school’s 2023 prom. Said DJ will bring all necessary sound and equipment at no charge to the winning school. The winning school must have permission/clearance in writing from the school’s principal prior to WNSB attending. If permission is not granted, the prize will be forfeited by the school.
- The winner must receive and provide WNSB with written consent/approval/clearance from the high school principal for WNSB to make an appearance on location at the identified prom location or the school. Otherwise, the prize will be forfeited.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted, and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
- All Contest winners must sign and date official Station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize.
- To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
- Dates and times of concerts, events, activities, and trips promoted by event sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of the Station and the Company. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. The Station and the Company are not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station.
- If for any reason a contest winner provides notice that they have decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner may be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest sponsor and / or Contest administrator if another contestant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
- In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Station, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
- During the Contest Period, eligible participants will be encouraged to take part in the Contest by voting online at www.wnsbonline.org After completing the registration process, qualified entrants will be eligible for a chance to win the grand prize.
- On Monday, April 3, 2023, the winning school will be determined by the school with the most votes online over the voting period.
- The grand prize winning school will be notified by phone, and announced on WNSB/ HOT 91.
- All decisions made by the Station and Company management, or any Contest Sponsor regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
- Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
- By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Station and / or Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
The Station and the Company retain the right to disqualify any contestant if all Contest rules are not followed.
- So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Station reserves the right to make changes in the Contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and posted online.
- All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Station, the Company, sponsor, any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of any awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Station, Norfolk State University, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Promotion. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. In addition, the Station, Norfolk State University, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the property of the Station and Norfolk State University and will not be returned.
- The Station, Norfolk State University, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Sweepstakes, including cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event such an act should occur, the Station may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
- If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts, criminal acts of third parties, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond the Station and the Company’s control which, in the Station’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Station reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
- Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Station reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- Copies of Sweepstakes rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., in the offices of the Station, located at 700 Park Avenue, Madison Hall, Norfolk, VA 23504. Copies of contest rules may also be made available on the Station’s website during the contesting period.